In 1936 the Orthodox Presbyterian Church was founded in the northern United States under the leadership of J. Gresham Machen (who also founded Westminster Seminary). Since then, the OPC has grown to over 30,000 members in over 300 churches throughout the United States and Canada. The OPC is known for its commitment to foreign missions, church planting, and continuing Christian education.
In 1997 our congregation began meeting in southwestern Ontario, and in 2002 Covenant OPC was officially organized under the leadership of our current pastor, Rev. John Ferguson (Presbytery of Michigan and Ontario). Since then, we have grown to a stable congregation of about 75 members from a variety of backgrounds and locations. We have seen the Lord’s hand of blessing in our first 20 years, and we look forward to what the Lord has in store for the years to come!